The manager of Lithuanian Spatial Information Portal geoportal.lt State Enterprise National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics "GIS-Centras" is responsible for the processing of personal information provided by the users geoportal.lt. Personal data is stored and managed in accordance with the requirements established by the Law on Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania that regulate processing and protection of such data.
Registration on the portal
The users who intend to provide metadata, to provide or to order spatial data and services, to receive geoportal.lt newsletters or information on updates of the ordeded datasets, to save their maps, data, search criteria or search results are asked to register on geoportal.lt.
Use of personal information
The manager of geoportal.lt uses the personal data provided in the user registration forms (name, surname, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other information specified in the form) exclusively in order to manage the users' inquiries and orders, for sending useful information or contacting the user if necessary. Personal information is never used for marketing purposes. The manager of geoportal.lt reserves the right to provide users' personal data to third parties for the purposes of providing a specific product or service to the user and exclusively to the extent that is necessary to achieve those purposes. Personal data shall not be disclosed to third parties in any other case without the prior consent of the user, except in the cases where disclosure is requested accordint to the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
Personal data, including the surname, of users under the age of 16 registered on the LEI portal is not collected. Therefore such persons are not provided with the opportunity to enter into data use agreements and perform some other actions on the LEI portal. At the age of 16, the users are asked to fill in the missing fields in the "My Portal / My Profile" section.
Some other data, such as the Internet domain and IP address of the user's connection, the type of operating system and browser, the pages visited, the date and time of the visit, can be automatically collected for accounting and optimization purposes.
The data of the users of geoportal.lt are protected from accidental or illegal destruction, alteration, disclosure and unauthorized use. The user has the right to know how his personal information is used. If your information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, please correct it immediately, so that your orders are properly processed. The user has the right at any time to request that the manager of geoportal.lt corrects or destroys the personal data submitted by the user or suspends processing of such data (except for storage). If this makes it impossible for the user to continue using geoportal.lt services, the provision of the services is terminated (upon deletion of personal data) or suspended.
The procedure for submission and examination of an application regarding the rights of data subjects and their implementation by SE GIS-Centras is established by the description of the procedure for implementation of data subjects' rights approved by the Director of the Centre for Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics "GIS-Centras" in 2018 June 26 by order No. (1.2.)AT-62.
DATA PROCESSING FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES
Data processor: State Enterprise National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics "GIS-Centras" (company code 121351441, registered office address - Sėlių St. 66, LT-08109 Vilnius, Lithuania; phone (+370 5) 272 4741, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Purpose of data processing: direct marketing (sending geoportal.lt information newsletters and / or organizing informational events).
- Personal data processed for direct marketing purposes: Your e-mail adress.
- Personal data processed for the purpose of organizing events: Your e-mail address, name, surname.
Basis for data processing: Your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time in your account by sending us an email at email@example.com, by entering "Opt out of direct marketing" in the subject field or by clicking on the link at the end of the letter. Your personal data will be processed for direct marketing purposes for a maximum of five years from the moment consent is given, unless you withdraw the consent earlier.
Your rights: You have the right to access your personal data processed by SE "GIS-Centras", to request to correct inaccurate personal data or to delete your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal data, to revoke the consent for processing of personal data, to request the transfer of your personal data to linked sstems. If you believe that processing of personal data violates your rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the State Data Protection Inspectorate. Contact information of the Data Protection Officer of SE "GIS-Centras": firstname.lastname@example.org, (8 5) 272 4741, Sėlių st. 66, Vilnius, Lithuania.
Provision of metadata
If metadata is provided or automatically collected for geoportal.lt, the fields with possibly personal data, such as contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail), would become publicly visible in the LEI portal metadata view environments.
Public geoportal.lt information
Information sent by the geoportal.lt user by e-mail or geoportal.lt inquiry form is the choice of the user. Please note that information provided as a part of user request becomes visible not only to the employees of the LEI portal manager, but possibly also to third parties, therefore sensitive personal or other confidential data should not be disclosed. The manager of geoportal.lt seeks to protect public geoportal.lt information from unauthorized collection, but cannot guarantee that third parties would not use it for their own purposes. The manager of geoportal.lt reserves the right to monitor, analyze and, if necessary, delete the information published by users.
A cookie is a small text file that our website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie remembers your actions and priorities and allows you to browse the LEI portal as conveniently as possible. Without cookies, you would not be able to use all the features of our website.
Cookies used by geportal.lt:
- Session cookies. These are short-term cookies that are used to support the functionality of our website. They allow the site manager to associate your actions with a browser session, which respectively begins and ends when you open and close a browser window. Session cookies remind the site of what the visitor chose on the previous page, thus avoiding re-entering information. For example, it protects the user-selected site language or session ID, which helps prevent re-login of the login name and password throughout the session. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser window.
- Persistent cookies. these cookies have a pre-set expiration date and remain in your browser until you expire or remove them. Our website uses persistent Google Analytics cookies, which provide us with information such as the number of visitors to the website, the pages they visit and the total time spent on our website. All information collected using these cookies is combined with similar information from other visitors. It is anonymous. The collected information is used for site improvement purposes.
Session and persistent cookies can be divided into both first-party and third-party cookies:
- First party cookies. These are cookies managed by the LEI portal domain.
- Third party cookies. These are cookies that are managed by other domains that do not belong to geoportal.lt. Google Analytics cookies are used on all pages of the LEI portal. The News section uses Twitter, Google+ and Facebook cookies, which allow users to use the "Like" and "Share" buttons next to the news. The "Help" section of the portal The "Getting Started" and "Frequently Asked Questions" pages use Youtube cookies. They are needed on our site to show imbedded videos that have been placed on the Youtube website.
If you have not chosen not to accept all or certain types of cookies in your browser, cookies will be created as soon as you visit our website. Most browsers allow you to manage cookies through their settings options. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can choose not to accept all cookies in your browser or send an alert when a cookie is created. As the result of blocking of the cookies, some geoportal.lt services may not work properly.
Links to other websites